It is officially at our doorsteps. One of the greatest music festivals in the country – the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, or simply known as Coachella. Coachella takes place each year in Indio, California and will rock a three-day festival twice in consecutive weekends. Bands, fans and celebrities flock from all over the nation and globe for this epic event. Headlining the three days are Outkast, Muse, and Arcade Fire. We told you this was epic.
Along with the incredible bands, awesome desert spring weather, and people watching galore come some amazing fashion trends. If you are one of the lucky 90,000 who will be attending this event, you better get your suitcase ready. If luck wasn’t on your side this year, there will still be plenty of fashion tips and trends to pick up from the event. So what to bring and look for? Revivals has you covered.
- Sunglasses. Ok, it goes without saying, but you’re in the desert with a lot of sunshine and let’s face it, you’re pretty tired from a three-day festival. Pick up a sweet set of frames or two to protect your eyes and hide your bags. Some of our favorites frames for this event are heart-shaped, cat-eye, and retro circular.
- Cut-off print shorts. We love these. Cute, stylish, and funky. Combine these shorts with sandals or vintage boots to change up your look.
- Sheer layers. A shirt or dress that is sheer can give a free and whimsical look that’s perfect for Coachella. Pair this up with a cute tank or bathing suit underneath. When you’re in the desert, you want to be cool, but still somewhat covered. And it can get chilly at night. Sheer layers provide this with style.
- Light bag. Trust us, you do not want to be lugging around a heavy bag at this festival. Keep it light, fun and on the small size. Our recommended pick for the festival is a cross-body bag. Easy to take care of and protects you from theft. Double points if you can get one with fringe.
- Hats. A hat can bring life to any outfit. Our favorites for Coachella are fedora, floppy, and panama. Add a flower to it to seal the Coachella vibe.
- Flowers. Yep, flowers. As mentioned above, there is something about this festival that just screams, free. From flower crowns to floral print, make these beauties part of your attire.
Get Coachella ready. Before the festival, pop on down to Revivals and check out the amazing fashion and deals available. We’ve got your back (and everything else).
Long known for stylish options, the three Revivals stores have moved strongly into consignment and have a great selection of furniture, designer clothing, vintage accessories and more. New merchandise along with the 100 Women Boutique and a Children’s Center round out the offerings. If you’re thinking of consigning, they pay a 70 percent commission and all proceeds benefit Desert AIDS Project. 611 S. Palm Canyon Dr., Palm Springs; 72-750 Dinah Shore Dr., Palm Desert; 68-401 Hwy. 111, Cathedral City; (760) 323-3662; revivalsstores.com